Configuration for FreeBSD 5.2 and RPM-1 card

From: Robert Moss
Subject: Configuration for FreeBSD 5.2 and RPM-1 card
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 14:06:25 +0100

Hi People,
Have just figured out how to use Gnokii on FreeBSD 5.2 with the Nokia RPM-1 card.. (yes i trawled the mailing list first, and read the FAQ)

I couldn't find much information on the site either on how to use this card, i've attatched the configuration file I am using so you can maybe put it up somewhere for a Working Configuration on FreeBSD 5.2 with the RPM-1 card

Notes: On my laptop (Acer Travelmate 630 with O2Micro OZ6933 PCI-CardBus Bridge) I had to boot FreeBSD in NON-ACPI mode because of IRQ's. This is a hardware/os problem not related to the card or gnokii software.

The serial device is shown in 'dmesg' as 'sioX' where X is the serial port number (numbered from 0 of course)

---
[global]
port = /dev/cuaa4       #       FreeBSD uses cuaaX for dialout (where X is in
sioX from
model = AT              #       RPM-1 doesn't work, have to use AT mode instead.
initlength = default
connection = serial
bindir = /usr/local/sbin/
use_locking = no
serial_baudrate = 9600  #       This can probably be set higher
handshake = hardware
smsc_timeout = 10
[connect_script]
TELEPHONE = +NNXXXXXXXXX
[disconnect_script]
[logging]
debug = on
rlpdebug = on
xdebug = on
---

Relevant lines from dmesg:

cbb0: <O2Micro OZ6933 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 19.0 on pci0
cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0
pci_cfgintr: 0:19 INTA routed to irq 7
cbb0: [MPSAFE]
cbb1: <O2Micro OZ6933 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 19.1 on pci0
cardbus1: <CardBus bus> on cbb1
pccard1: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb1
pci_cfgintr: 0:19 INTA routed to irq 7
cbb1: [MPSAFE]
sio4: <Nokia Mobile Phones Nokia Card Phone> at port 0x100-0x10f irq 7 function 0 config 3 on pccard0
sio4: type 16550A
sio4: unable to activate interrupt in fast mode - using normal mode
pccard1: <unknown card> (manufacturer=0xffff, product=0x0001) at function 0
pccard1:    CIS info: O2Micro, SmartCardBus Reader, V1.0

The error message "sio4: unable to activate interrupt in fast mode - using normal mode" may be related to NON-ACPI mode or the lack of available IRQ's on this laptop (there's a choice of 7, 10 or 11)

Cheers

--
Robert Moss
Tiscali UK