Re: gnokii 0.6.1 released

From: Timothy Murphy
Subject: Re: gnokii 0.6.1 released
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 15:17:10 +0100

On Wednesday 14 April 2004 00:18, BORBELY Zoltan wrote:

> Gnokii 0.6.1 released.
> You can download new version from:
> http://www.gnokii.org/download/ [US]
> ftp://ftp.gnokii.org/pub/gnokii/ [Poland]
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/gnokii/

I was slightly disappointed when I tried to update my gnokii last night
to find that the latest RPM (gnokii+xgnokii-0.6.*)
seemed to require a libgnokii RPM
which did not appear to be on the site.
In fact I could not find it anywhere.
(http://rpmfind.net found a Mandrake version,
but I am running Fedora-2).

I found a gnokii=0.6* RPM elsewhere which seems to work fine.
I used it to download info on my Nokia-6310 using Bluetooth.

A tiny gripe - the "man gnokii" entry could give fuller explanations,
(An EXAMPLES section would be useful.)
eg it would be nice if one could say eg "gnokii --getlogo --help".
I couldn't work out  (and in a couple of other cases)
exactly what was meant by
        --getlogo logofile {caller|op|startup} [caller_group_number]
              get caller, startup or operator logo.
I got the following response:
=====================================
address@hidden gnokii]$ gnokii --getlogo logofile startup
GNOKII Version 0.6.0
What kind of logo do you want to get ?
=====================================
What exactly was I meant to say?

Also, what exactly is a "rtttlfile" as returned eg by
"gnokii --getringtone rtttlfile 1"
and what can I do with it?

Just a couple of queries.
Generally, I find gnokii extremely useful -
thanks very much for all the hard work.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366