Re: 0.6.1.tar.gz problems comiling on OBSD 3.5

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: 0.6.1.tar.gz problems comiling on OBSD 3.5
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 22:51:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, nemir nemiria wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.    Under OpenBSD autoconf and automake aren't
> installed by default, so the aclocal command wouldn't work.

That's probably an entry for README. You don't need to run these if you
use a tarball. All files are already prepared though.

> Once I figured my way through that problem (just installed the ports from
> the ports tree,  not hard, even for a brickhead like me) I get up to the
> instructions where it says I need to run autoconf.  Only problem is,  I
> don't have an autoconf command.  I got a bunch of options like
> autoconf.2.13, autoconf.2.52, autoconf.2.54, autoconf.2.56, autoconf.2.57,
> autoconf.2.58, autoconf.2.59.

The error below are not caused by incorrect version of autoconf. The
marcros that are missing are provided by automake and libtoo. I have
libtool 1.5.6 and automake 1.8.4 on my system.

Instructions provided by gnokii do not say to just run autoconf. First you
need to prepare all infrastructure for autoconf. Among other: get macros
provided by libtool. Please reread INSTALL file. You have all inctructions
to run given in Quickstart section. Or just use autogen.sh script provided
by gnokii.

pkot
--
mailto:address@hidden