Re: 0.6.1.tar.gz problems comiling on OBSD 3.5

From: Robert Moss
Subject: Re: 0.6.1.tar.gz problems comiling on OBSD 3.5
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 20:34:14 +0100

Umm.. As far as I know, this is a standard C header file, and on my system (FreeBSD 5.2.1) it lives in two places (for compatibility)

./sys/stdint.h
./stdint.h

Try changing line 34 in pkt.c (common/pkt.c) to

#include <sys/stdint.h>

or vice-versa..

Cheers

nemir nemiria wrote:
hiya guys.

I recently decided that I needed to upgrade the OS on my monitoring server, which basically means a reinstallation of the applications I have on it (nagios, gnokii, etc).

After I run .configure,  I get the following output:

 See file COPYING for more details.

   Host system:        openbsd3.5
   Gnokii version:     0.6.1
   Xgnokii version:    20030104
   X (GTK) support:    no
   Debug:              yes
   XDebug:             yes
   RLPDebug:           yes
   NLS:                no
   IrDA:               no
   Bluetooth:          no
   Security:           no
   Build Shared Lib:   no
   Build Static Lib:   yes
   Win32:              no
   Prefix:             /usr/local

 Type 'gmake' for compilation and then 'gmake install',
 'gmake install-suid', 'gmake install-strip' or 'gmake install-ss' to
 install gnokii. If you wish to install gnokii sgid gnokii (install-suid or
 install-ss) be sure to have 'gnokii' group in your system.

After I run gmake,  I get the following error:

pkt.c:34: stdint.h: No such file or directory
gmake[1]: *** [pkt.lo] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/root/down/gnokii-0.6.1/common'

and after I run (rather optimistically, I'd have to say :-)) gmake install I get the following (same) error:

pkt.c:34: stdint.h: No such file or directory
gmake[1]: *** [pkt.lo] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/root/down/gnokii-0.6.1/common'

At a guess, I'd say I am missing something called stdint.h, but I don't know what that is, or how to make it be unmissing.

well, actually, seeing as I am having guesses here, I'd say it is some c library/compiler related jiggermathing that OBSD doesn't support yet or something....?

But... It is getting really late here, and I am in no way someone who has skills to delve into code of any sort. :-(

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a compressed tar file of the output of the .configure, gmake and gmake isntall commands, so that if you need it to help, it is there.

Thanks for looking!

Regards,

nemir

PS, I hope I did this right. I know it is a paion in the proverbial to untar the file, but it is possibly not the done thing to post something so unnecessarily large to so many people.