Re: OpenBSD cvs compile works - but I have a new problem now.

From: nemir nemiria
Subject: Re: OpenBSD cvs compile works - but I have a new problem now.
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 03:49:23 +0000

Hiya Bozo,   Pawel.

It seems the cable type is ok (the phone sends an ack and responding
with an unknown message). Are you sure is it a 7110 (or compatible
phone)? Have you tried it with the 6510 driver?

I was sure, yes. This server is interstate, and hard to get to. I went up to install the phone and build the box personally 12 months ago, and recently directed someone to rebuild the OS over the phone.

Turns out that the regional boss peered over his shoulder and liked the 7110 phone more than his, so he swapped them.

Without telling me.

If it still doesn't work (try model = 6510 first), revert to the 7110
driver and try the attached patch. Please send us the debug output again.

I have no idea how you could guess that happened when I didn't, but thank you. I now have a system that can send my sms messages again.

To do so I had to hack a bunch of files before running the autogen.sh, and while my immediate problems are resolved I am keen to assist in any way I can to help you figure out a solution.

I will be getting together some spare hardware and building an OBSD server with another phone attached, and then giving you guys whatever access you need to it.

If there is anything else I can do, please let me know. I am a bit green with this sort of thing, but keen to learn. And keen to add it to the OpenBSD ports/packages tree.

regards,

Nemir

SEEK: Now with over 50,000 dream jobs! Click here: http://ninemsn.seek.com.au?hotmail