Re: [Multisync-devel] Multisync Nokia (Gnokii) plugin

From: Balint Reczey
Subject: Re: [Multisync-devel] Multisync Nokia (Gnokii) plugin
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 00:48:04 +0100 (BST)

 --- Balint Reczey <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Last week I started to write a plugin for connecting
> to mobiles supported by Gnokii.

Hi!

The gnokii plugin for Multisync is usable now, you can
grab the Debian package:
http://ural2.hszk.bme.hu/~rb196/libmultisync-plugin-gnokii_0.82-3_i386.deb

or the patch against the upstream source :

http://ural2.hszk.bme.hu/~rb196/multisync_0.82-3.diff.gz

(upstream)
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/m/multisync/multisync_0.82.orig.tar.gz

The diff.gz provided is not the same as the official
in SID!

Unfortunatelly I don't have access to SID machines, so
I've compiled it for Sarge.

The plugin supports syncing contacts without GUI.
After a testing period I'll implement the syncing of
calendars and todos with a nice GUI:).

Comments and patches are welcome!

Notes:

Telephone numbers containing characters other than
digits, + and 'space' cannot be stored.
I think it should be fixed in gnokii's
gn_phonebook_entry_sanitize()

Gnokii can store limited amount of properties (10
subentries per entry), so don't be suprised if just a
subset of your VCard object appears in your phone.
The patch includes a vcard.c file which could be used
in gnokii instead of current implementation, because
the original one lacks tests for buffer overwrites.

Balint Reczey

Links:

Gnokii: http://www.gnokii.org
Multisync: http://multisync.sourceforge.net