Re: Nokia 6670/ Mandriva LE 2005

From: Istvan Seidel
Subject: Re: Nokia 6670/ Mandriva LE 2005
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 10:09:10 +0200

Am Montag, 6. Juni 2005 14:55 schrieb Matthew Kay:
> Istvan,
>
> All your questions resolve broadly around one thing you're missing,
> which is the bluez stack. Make sure you have bluez installed - there are
> various packages about. You can use a program like gnome-bluetooth by
> Edd Dumbill to manage bluetooth transfer; one part of this is
> gnome-obex-server, which you can run on the background on your laptop.
> On an IBM laptop, ensure you have the bluetooth light lit up, by
> pressing Fn+F5. To go the other way, you can use gnome-obex-send.
unfortunately i dont have bluetooth adapter on my laptop:
is there no way to do it via USB? How can i mount the phone in my filesystem?
usually mandriva does it automatically, but in /mnt i can't see any directory.

> There is no 'sync' mechanism for images, but you can transfer them one
> by one using obex.
I guess this would be better for the images too, because bluetooth takes a lot
of time to get the datas.

regards
Istvan