Re: FC3, Nokia 6230i, DKU-2 USB

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: FC3, Nokia 6230i, DKU-2 USB
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 17:41:35 +0200

Hi  Del,

On 6/11/05, Del <address@hidden> wrote:
> * The instructions in Docs/README-DK2 appear to be incorrect for the driver
> for the 2.6 kernel.  It appears that instead of patching the kernel sources,
> the driver file there is supposed to be compiled using:
>
> make ; make install

And so it says:
* Install *

- Get / configure / build a set of kernel sources.
- make sure that you are running this kernel, and /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build
  points to the kernel sources directory
- cd $gnokii_sources/patches/kernel_2.{4,6}
- make
- Become root
- make install

> Also it appears that the required usb-serial.h is not in the kernel headers
> set shipped with Fedora Core 3.  I had to find a set of kernel sources and
> copy the usb-serial.h file from there, and put it into the patches/kernel_2.6
> before make would work.

Chris, do we want to distribute this header?

take care,
pkot
--
Pawel Kot