Re: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/xanadux/qomunicator/

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/xanadux/qomunicator/
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 00:18:55 +0100

Hi,

On 1/17/06, Pavel Machek <address@hidden> wrote:
> I guess it would be better if proxyd talked AT natively. If you want
> to talk to obsolete nokia phones (and you probably don't, your
> communicator has standard AT, right?), you just connect it to
> gnokii. [There's already gnokii part that speaks fbus/whatever to the
> phone and AT commands to rest of the system].

There are few problems with that approach. AT commands even in the
enhanced set offer limited functionality. Much more limited that the
phone offers itself (using different protocols). Moreover modern
phones (especially Nokia) offer *very* limited AT subset implemented.
IMHO AT based proxy is no-go (well, depending on what are your needs).
At least a dead end.

> I.e. rather than rewriting gnokii to support unsolicitated "RING", it
> might be easier to start proxyd from scratch.

In fact that should be fairly easy with gnokii (I mean to hack it into gnokii).

take care,
pkot
--
Pawel Kot