Re: smsd problem with AT model - Part II

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: smsd problem with AT model - Part II
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 15:58:16 +0200

Pawel Kot:

> > AT+CPMS="SM","SM","SM"
>
> Would you remind me what is the difference between first and third
> argument?

the first is from where you want to read or delete SMS
the third is where you want the phone to put incoming messages

> And why the hell do we change this setting?

say the config is
AT+CPMS?
+CPMS: "ME","ME","ME"

you use
gnokii --getsms SM 1 end
changing only the first parameter now config is
+CPMS: "SM","ME","ME"

a new message arrives and it's stored to "ME" (third parameter) so you should
switch to --getsms ME from now on

I think the comment in atgen.c is referring to this

there is no way to know the third parameter from gnokii, atgen is making it
equal to the last memory type used

--
Daniele