Re: Sony-Ericsson T630 via Bluetooth

From: Timothy Murphy
Subject: Re: Sony-Ericsson T630 via Bluetooth
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 20:53:20 +0100

On Sunday 15 October 2006 18:21, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 10/15/06, Timothy Murphy <address@hidden> wrote:
> > 1. It would be nice if "gnokii --getsms ME 1 90"
> > saved the phone number with the message.
> > Is there any way of doing this in gnokii?
>
> It does. Or I don't undestand the problem.

Here are the first two of my SMS messages,
as retrieved by "gnokii --getsms ME ...";
the phone numbers don't seem to be given,
unless one can deduce them from "Sender: 1..."?
1. Inbox Message (read)
Date/time: 21/07/2006 18:06:58 +0100
Sender: 1 Msg Center: 0
Text:
Hi tim, we just got your last messege - didnt get anythin before that. U
finished yet? Were just at pizza place across from
 main gate.
2. Inbox Message (read)
Date/time: 23/08/2006 18:11:05 +0100
Sender: 0 Msg Center: 0
Text:
We are staying in hotel philippe we have been in the swimming pool for the
part 3 hours ate now we are about to have dinner
 Xxxxxxxxxxx have you got mums  fone

> > 3. I noticed incidentally that "gnokii --getphonebook 300 320"
> > hung once it reached the last entry (307 in my case).
> > Is that normal?
>
> Does it hang forever or just until it reads all locations?

You are quite right.
When I run gnokii with debug=on
I see that it does actually get to the end -
it just takes much longer when the entries are empty.

Thanks as ever for your software!

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366