Re: lowlevel.c - Unknown error

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: lowlevel.c - Unknown error
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 08:32:56 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 05:30, Benjamin Chodroff
<address@hidden> wrote:
> The problem is in sms/lowlevel.c and how it handles memory positions
> for AT model phones (Motorola RAZR V3). What happens is that the
> RefreshSMS() function calls gn_sms_get (&data, sm) which always throws
> a GN_ERR_INVALIDLOCATION error. This causes the first SMS to be read
> at memory position 1 - which is incorrect, and it loops on this memory
> position read. If I manually set smsdConfig.firstSMS to the correct
> memory position, the program works at reading the messages but then
> gets off track.

Well, it doesn't come from the log you provided. Do you have any other
log for that? You are using SM or ME memory? If I understand
correctly, location 1 is empty and some other location has SMS?

> Any help at creating a proper fix for this bug would be appreciated.
> I'd be happy to help debug on IRC if a developer is willing to help
> out.

I think what Daniele said on irc is the proper fix: return
EMTPYLOCATION and not INVALIDLOCATION.

take care,
pkot
--