Re: gnokii and recent Nokia phones (Nokia 3600 slide)

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii and recent Nokia phones (Nokia 3600 slide)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:04:18 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 14:42, Malte Gell <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 29. März 2009 14:15:33 schrieb Malte Gell:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I recently got a brand new Nokia 3600 slide, a very nice toy! Does my
>> gnokii 0.6.26 already support it?
>
> This is what i did so far:
>
> modprobe usbserial

Your distro doesn't do it for you? Change distro.

> This gives me a /dev/ttyACM0 device
>
> chown malte_gell /dev/ttyACM0 so i can access it

Create udev rule for this.

> Below you can see what my ~/.gnokiirc looks like.
>
> When i start xgnokii it says "Connecting...." and that's it, nothing
> happens....

Always try gnokii --identify first. It's said in the docs. It will
confirm whether you have connection or not. Once it succeeds, go
further on.

Anyway, if you use data storage mode at your phone you'll have no luck.

> debug = on

You should have some additional information in the logs.

take care,
--
Pawel Kot