Re: chinese garbled sms with --getsms locale utf8chinese

From: Belbe Gaet
Subject: Re: chinese garbled sms with --getsms locale utf8chinese
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 23:59:39 +0800

Hi, sorry to come back with this problem again...

 I have compiled the latest CVS version of gnokii but I still cannot get anything good from --getsms command chinese chars appears unreadable.

I've answered to your question and maybe found a clue from an old thread about 3110c specific probelm with SMS encoding, I tried without success to use the patch (must be for an older version) but cannot go more because of my lack of programming skills :(

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Pawel Kot <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

2009/3/27 Belbe Gaet <address@hidden>:
> My projects need to receive chinese SMS and to save them in mysql, I
> already compiled gnokii 0.6.27, with dku2libusb module. Everything is ok
> including smsd except that i receive garbled sms content for all sms written
> in Chinese.

First of all, please try CVS version. We've been fixing there some SMS
issues for new series40 phones.

I tried, but it's still the same problem, i'm able to read chinese for exemple when  retrieving the phonebook contacts

gnokii --getphonebook ME 1 end  (this works without problem)

> I suppose it could come from my locale, but I tried already to set it in
> Chinese (see below) and it is still the same problem.
> I also managed to send sms in chinese, but still no way to read them
> correctly

Are they shown correctly in the phone? I belive so, but please confirm.

Yes they display well on my phone (3110c)

> Mobile Terminated message:
>         Date: 2009-03-27 09:27:46 +0800
>         Remote number (recipient or sender): +8613965521668
>         SMS center number:
> Default Alphabet

Apparently this is the problem. However message doesn't look unicode neither.

> O¡9bnLC,)ß=ZuWæBW¿?K;j:address@hidden/@address@hidden@address@hidden@address@hidden
> 16. Inbox Message (未知)
> Date/time: 27/03/2009 09:27:46 +0800
> Sender: +8613965521668 Msg Center:
> 文本:
> O¡9bnLC,)ß=ZuWæBW¿?K;j:address@hidden/@address@hidden@address@hidden@address@hidden

I have no clue at first sight...

I found an old thread on osdir about 3110c encoding problem, I tried the patch but it didn't work, I guess it was on an old version... I don't have any good development skill but if you guide me I'm more than willing to try to test and find out the problem...

(this is the address showing the patch on osdir which is not accessible from china...)

http://www.vproxy.biz/browse.php?u=Oi8vb3NkaXIuY29tL21sL2RyaXZlcnMuZ25va2lpLzIwMDMtMDUvbXNnMDAxNjAuaHRtbA%3D%3D&b=13

by any chance could it give you any clue?

Thanks a lot for your help!!

--
Pawel Kot