Re: Turn on/Power up through FBUS

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: Turn on/Power up through FBUS
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 00:06:39 +0100

2009/11/22 Michael:

> Is there an FBUS message that can turn on a nokia phone?

with which phone? there isn't a single FBUS protocol
all information known to the gnokii project is in the sources and in
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnokii.git/tree/Docs/protocol

> I know there is a
> turn off message and a soft reset message.

I don't think gnokii knows about a turn off message, can you check the
Docs/protocol files and contribute it if missing?

> I'm assuming there should be one
> for turning it on as well.

it doesn't necessarily exist, in fact if the phone is really off it is
just a paper weight, however when the phone is charging the CPU is on
and with some phones you can emulate pressing the power button

this utility tested as working with Nokia 3210 and 3330 with RS-232 FBUS cables:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnokii/gnokii-extras.git/tree/snippets/other/press_key.c
to toggle on/off you must keep the power button pressed for a couple of seconds:
press_key 2 p
when the charger is connected it turns on and off, when it is
disconnected it turns only off
--
Daniele Forsi