Re: gnokii --showsmsfolderstatus transferred or piped to a .txt file doe

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii --showsmsfolderstatus transferred or piped to a .txt file does not show full info. - also something wrong still.
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 22:29:44 +0100

Hi,

2011/12/6 shirish शिरीष <address@hidden>:
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 14:32, Pawel Kot <address@hidden> wrote:
>> 2011/11/24 shirish शिरीष <address@hidden>:
>>> No. Name                                         Id #Msg
>>> ========================================================
>>>  0 SMS Inbox                                    IN    0
>>>  1 SMS Outbox, items to be sent                OUS    1
>>>  2 SMS Outbox, sent items                       OU    0
>>>  3 SMS Archive                                  AR    6
>>>  4 SMS Drafts                                   DR    1
>>>  5 SMS Templates                                TE    0
>>
>> Looks sane. But actual content is up to you to verify.
>
> The point I wanted to make is, it just shows that much and shuts up. I
> do not get any of the sms messages anywhere on my system. What I
> wanted/want to do is to able to copy messages to and fro from the
> desktop to the mobile and vice-versa.

So that's showsmsfolderstatus. It shows only status. You need to use
getsms command with the memory types returned here (of course where it
make sense, i.e. there is more than 1 message).

> Now as far as the exact contents are concerned, they too are wrong for
> I have got more than 80 messages lying in my inbox and I do not know
> from where gnokii got those message numbers. For some reason I'm not
> getting the right info.

That's probably something to investigate. Some debugging would be
required here. So you'd need manually compiled version anyway.

>>> Lastly, Does 'sudo ifconfig usbpn0 up' have to be run each time for it
>>> seems to go down after sometime ? Does anybody know anything about it
>>> ? Think possibly for power-saving ?
>>
>> Well. I guess it is after some inactivity? It might be possible
>> indeed. Probably you could automate it somehow.
>
> Could you define inactivity ? At my end 30 secs to a minute and then its gone.

That's phone dependent. Haven't tried your config so no idea here.

take care,
--
Pawel Kot