Re: gnokii --showsmsfolderstatus transferred or piped to a .txt file doe

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii --showsmsfolderstatus transferred or piped to a .txt file does not show full info. - also something wrong still.
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 22:59:06 +0100

Hi,

2011/12/6 shirish शिरीष <address@hidden>:
> On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 02:59, Pawel Kot <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> The point I wanted to make is, it just shows that much and shuts up. I
>>> do not get any of the sms messages anywhere on my system. What I
>>> wanted/want to do is to able to copy messages to and fro from the
>>> desktop to the mobile and vice-versa.
>>
>> So that's showsmsfolderstatus. It shows only status. You need to use
>> getsms command with the memory types returned here (of course where it
>> make sense, i.e. there is more than 1 message).
>
> that is something that I have not been able to figure out.
>
> For instance from the above status, it says there are 6 messages in
> archive, what would be the command to say get the messages from the
> archive ?
>
> $gnokii --getsms something .
>
> I've not been really been able to figure out the memory_type thing
>
> Should it have been
>
>  $gnokii --getsms AR 1-6
>
> or something else ?

Something else. You should have read manpage or gnokii --help

One thing you got right. ID column from showsmsfolderstatus brings in
memory type. So AR is correct. But then you put "start end". So dash
in between is not needed.
>  $gnokii --getsms AR 1 6
would do.

>>> Now as far as the exact contents are concerned, they too are wrong for
>>> I have got more than 80 messages lying in my inbox and I do not know
>>> from where gnokii got those message numbers. For some reason I'm not
>>> getting the right info.
>>
>> That's probably something to investigate. Some debugging would be
>> required here. So you'd need manually compiled version anyway.
>
> Ok, that means then it would be a week-end project as the list to do
> things is quite a bit and possibility of me doing something wrong is
> even greater (as not a programmer) .

You could start with showing full debug log from showsmsfolderstatus.
You could also try to browse your phone with some openobex tools and
see if you can find any messages in there.

take care,
--
Pawel Kot