Re: authentication on init for smsd

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: authentication on init for smsd
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 18:06:32 +0100

Hi,

> On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 14:44, Jan Derfinak <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Do you have any documentation of this new function or I should learn it from
>> source? I will take care about it.

Some more details here.

If you want to use pin-file solution, you do not need to do anything
with smsd. Everything will be handled automatically based on the
config file.

You may implement your own authentication function. This function must
comply with the type:
typedef gn_error (*gn_auth_interactive_func_t)(gn_data *data, struct
gn_statemachine *state);

what is important that you run there:
gn_sm_functions(GN_OP_EnterSecurityCode, data, state);

You can look at common/gsm-auth.c functions:
 - auth_pin_interactive
 - auth_pin
They provide sample implementations.

You also need to register it with
void gn_auth_interactive_register(gn_auth_interactive_func_t
auth_func, struct gn_statemachine *state)

If you see something that could be done better for smsd, let me know
and I'll consider that.

take care,
--
Pawel Kot