Re: Changes in smsd, Was: Alerts through Nagios very temperamental

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Changes in smsd, Was: Alerts through Nagios very temperamental
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 15:19:49 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 14:33, Jan Derfinak <address@hidden> wrote:
> Implementing this require to rewrite smsd architecture to enable runtime
> modification. I also need to find a way how to deal with file module.

If it is about rewriting smsd I'd like to have one thing. Let's move
smsd to external repository. I mean independent repository from
libgnokii. That way we can release smsd independently from libgnokii.
Which would be important when rearchitecturing. We could also release
libgnokii independently from smsd. Now with each gnokii release we
release xgnokii and smsd which do not change.

I agree that some additional work would be required as libgnokii
version eventually may break the compatibility or provide new features
used by smsd from some version onward. But I think it is normal
integration effort.

take care,
--
Pawel Kot