RE: Nokia 6021 - smsd and mysql - pulls out Inbox messages but not Sent

From: Andrew Thompson
Subject: RE: Nokia 6021 - smsd and mysql - pulls out Inbox messages but not Sent items messages
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 13:50:18 +0000

Thanks Jan,

Maybe I have gotten confused - I thought the sent items worked the same way as
the inbox in the sense that it polls the folder and pulls out whats in it.

Basically  I have a problem where nagios can flood the phone with sms alerts to
send out and they all appear to be sent out at the exact same second according
to Nagios. When this happens no texts are ever received even though Nagios says
they were sent.

So I would pointed off to using the smsd with mysql to manage the congestion
issues and it should send any messages that are in the tables that are not
marked as sent.

So in light of what you said I just need to get Nagios to send its messages to
the sql first instead of directly out to the contacts and then sql sends the
message back to the phone to send out?

Do you have any info on how to manage this as I currently have nagios commands
to send directly to mobile phone number

Define command{
Command_name    host-server-by-sms
Command_line            /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***Nagios***\n\n
$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\n $HOSTALIAS$ is $HOSTSTATE$" ¦ /usr/bin/gnokii --sendsms
$CONTACTPAGER$
}

Cheers

Kind Regards