Re: gnokii 0.6.31 problem with german umlauts

From: Axel Gruber
Subject: Re: gnokii 0.6.31 problem with german umlauts
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 23:03:48 +0200

Hello

i also had a lot of Problems with german "umlauts" - i solved it this way:

declare -x LANG="de_DE.UTF-8"

And i start SMSD this way:

 /usr/local/bin/smsd -u root -p password  -d smsgw -c xxxxx.xx -m
mysql --encoding UTF8

With this configuration i can use Gnokii  Version 0.6.31 here with
mysql with german "umlauts".

But i agree with you the "Umlaute Problem" on Linux is realy bad  - i
hate it ... - i still have some problems with a PerlScript wich sent
the recieved SMS by Mail - and here are all "umlauts" away .... - but
i´m on the best way to solve it ...
----
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Autohaus A. Gruber OHG
Axel Gruber

Tel: 0807193200
Fax: 0807193202
E-Mail: address@hidden
Internet: www.autohaus-gruber.net

Ihr starker MAZDA und HYUNDAI Partner 4mal in der Region - einmal auch
in Ihrer Nähe.