compressed message

From: alonso acuña
Subject: compressed message
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 22:58:35 -0600

Hello. I have a question about common/gsm-sms.c   gn_error sms_data_decode()

I have a message that goes into the part that says  dprintf("Compressed message\n");  Since this returns an error the sms cannot be read by smsd and it stays on the phone forever and it keeps looking for the unread message on all the other locations which results in reading all locations all the time.

I noticed that if I remove that part and let the program continue it goes into the part that says dprintf("Default Alphabet\n");  and it prints the text just fine.

I would appreciate some insight into what is going on in there. Is it really important to stop decoding of these messages and not let it decode as Default Alphabet? If so then how can we improve it so that the sms does not stay on the phone forever?

Thanks

Alonso