Re: [Gnu-arch-users] ViewARCH 0.0.1

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] ViewARCH 0.0.1
Date: 20 Aug 2003 00:29:24 -0700

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 20:52, Tez Kamihira wrote:

>    Comments are welcome.

Very nice!

I think it would be helpful to show in the default revision view if a
patch is a merge, and if so, what it merges.  I know you've got the
fancy graph view for showing all relationships, but I think something
simpler would suffice in the simple revision view.  Something like:

patch-125 (Tom Lord <address@hidden> @ 2003-07-28 07:30:33 GMT)
  ->merge from address@hidden patch-3..27
  ->merge from address@hidden patch-4,6,9..11
     small-fixes: ls-archives regexp feature (jblack)

I dunno, the syntax and formatting is certainly open to debate.  This is
probably something you'd select from a an option menu whether you want
to show it or not.

Bob