Re: [Gnu-arch-users] preparing to stress test tla with linux-2.5

From: Tupshin Harper
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] preparing to stress test tla with linux-2.5
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:34:16 -0700

Tom Lord wrote:

   > From: Tupshin Harper <address@hidden>

> I'm going to attempt to create an arch archive of the kernel 2.5 sources > including all changesets from 2.5.0-present. (Has anybody done this > yet?).
A few.   I'll add you to the list of people waiting for the
inode-signature optimization to speed up commit.   And to the list of
people to whom I should, in some sense, be advocating breaking the
kernel up into a multi-project config.
Can you explain your thoughts on this? Do you mean (for example) that high level kernel subdirectories would be different projects? Is there any rationale for this besides arch performance? How would changesets that span multiple projects work?

-Thanks
-Tupshin