[Gnu-arch-users] tcl gui

From: Talli Somekh
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] tcl gui
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 18:06:25 -0400

Ben, this is great! There are actually a number of people who are thinking in parallel. It's great that you've already started!

Ben and I are members of a community called the OpenACS (i've mentioned it before) that is written in Tcl. As a result, there are whole bunch of Tcl gurus hanging out there.

I've been working on some thoughts about advocacy in this community as well as my clients although I've gotten overwhelmed with some other work. I will post that soon. But needless to say one of the issues that's come up is the need for GUI tools.

An interesting point is that the BK folks have written their tools in Tcl/Tk as well and have in fact lit a fire under the Tcl/Tk community in general to "modernize" the Tk framework. In a weird way, the arch community could leverage BK's work through the Tk initiative.

http://tcl.projectforum.com/tk/Home

talli