[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla update-config

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla update-config
Date: 02 Oct 2003 06:54:36 +0900

Gergely Nagy <address@hidden> writes:
> The current plan is that I'll update my branch of tla somewhen tomorrow
> to have replay-config and maybe star-merge-config too.

Somehow the idea of duplicating every command with a `foo-config'
version seems wrong to me.

All the mentioned commands take a --dir option and a version argument,
so it probably _ought_ to work to just use:

  tla catcfg CONFIG | xargs -n2 tla CMD --dir

If that's too annoying maybe some more convenient-to-type interface
could be added to tla, but I don't like just doubling the number of
commands.

One possible interface would be to add a `--config' option to the
primitive command, e.g.,

  tla update --config CONFIG

Presumably the way to implement this would be to add a helper-function
in libarch that arch_cmd_update et al. could call.

[say, didn't this same conversation occur on the mailing like two weeks
ago???]

-Miles
--
In New York, most people don't have cars, so if you want to kill a person, you
have to take the subway to their house.  And sometimes on the way, the train