Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla update-config

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla update-config
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 07:10:00 +1000

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 18:21, Samuel Tardieu wrote:

> I don't want to turn them down saying "just use this little shell
> script" or "just type in this batch of commands". Arch's learning
> curve is steeper than the one of other RCS I know (except maybe
> Aegis), and I need it not to be even steeper if I want to sell Arch to
> colleagues and friends.

This is -sortof- one of the reasons I'm playing with config-manager. As
a tla independent bit of code, I can experiment quite heavily without
impacting the tla core ;].

Along the way, I'll either end up with a set of debugged feature
requests for buildcfg, or with something that fits in the 'small tools'
philosophy and will give Tom reason to nuke some or all of the config
functionality in tla (presumably only after a C based rewrite of
config-manager).

Rob