[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch hooks

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch hooks
Date: 02 Oct 2003 11:28:53 +0900

>     Tobias> But when there's a checkout hook-script you have almost
>     Tobias> zero chances looking at the code in question before it's
>     Tobias> already too late.
>
> Oh, c'mon.  Tom surely would allow you to defeat the script execution.

But I think it's the default which is important.  Typing `make' is
potentially dangerous, but people are very used to the concept, and if
they have some doubts about the sources, it's a well-defined and
familiar point before which they can assume things are safe.

-Miles
--
`The suburb is an obsolete and contradictory form of human settlement'