Re: [Gnu-arch-users] new introduction to Arch with diagrams

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] new introduction to Arch with diagrams
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 11:12:53 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Joshua Haberman <address@hidden>

    > I was afraid this might be a problem -- I almost changed the whole
    > diagramming scheme to make time horizontal instead of vertical to work
    > around this.  I really like the convention of using triangles for
    > changes because of the easy association with delta.

    > I'm not sure how I'll resolve this.

How about a circle with a lower-case greek delta in the middle?

Alternatively (perhaps better), a triangle pointing in the direction
of time, with a lower-case greek delta in the middle.  (If people pick
up your iconic vocabulary and use it on, e.g.,  whiteboards, they can
leave the delta out and just put the triangle.  You could think of the
delta as just training-wheels for a new iconic vocabulary.)