[Gnu-arch-users] Re: new introduction to Arch with diagrams

From: Andreas Fuchs
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: new introduction to Arch with diagrams
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 09:05:10 +0000 (UTC)

Today, Stephen J. Turnbull <address@hidden> wrote:
> Good idea.  A couple of comments.

Make that a /really/ good idea. I wanted to start writing a kinder (and
more graphical) introduction to merges yesterday, so I'm now pleasantly
surprised that somebody already did the grunt work. (-:

> 1.  I find the triangles disconcerting; they make me feel like the
> workflow is _up_ the page.  OTOH, I like the (rather ANSI) use of
> drums for archives.

I thought these triangles were not so bad. To me, they look similar to
deltas.

> 2.  In the update diagram, there should be an arrow from the local
> delta to its reapplication at the bottom.

Jup. And I'd suggest having the conflict in replay/update happen at an
earlier stage than the last patch; I think this illustrate the
differences in behaviour even better.

--
Andreas Fuchs, <address@hidden>, address@hidden, antifuchs