Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla get --hard-links available

From: Pau Aliagas
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla get --hard-links available
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 11:06:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Paul Hedderly wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 10:55:44AM +0200, Pau Aliagas wrote:
> > On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Paul Hedderly wrote:
> >
> > See Davide Libenzi's excllent solution in user space:
> > http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-arch-users/2003-10/msg00137.html
> >
> > It looks like it would solve all these problems.

> I'd still like a reminder in my working directory that I need to use his
> cow lib...

Maybe that's beyond the scope of arch. My intention is to add validation
code to the revision libraries so that you cannot use the if they are
corrupted (i.e. modified in a hardlinked tree). That would be an
improvement anyway.

I don't see how the reminder would stop you from breaking thngs.

Another option -and I don't say I'm for it- would be to add Davide's
library to the distribution, but I'm sure hat's pretty out of focus, so
just pretend I never thought about it :)

Pau