Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla get --hard-links available

From: Karel Gardas
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla get --hard-links available
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 11:18:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Pau Aliagas wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Paul Hedderly wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 10:55:44AM +0200, Pau Aliagas wrote:
> > > On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Paul Hedderly wrote:
> > >
> > > See Davide Libenzi's excllent solution in user space:
> > > http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/gnu-arch-users/2003-10/msg00137.html
> > >
> > > It looks like it would solve all these problems.
>
> > I'd still like a reminder in my working directory that I need to use his
> > cow lib...
>
> Maybe that's beyond the scope of arch. My intention is to add validation
> code to the revision libraries so that you cannot use the if they are
> corrupted (i.e. modified in a hardlinked tree). That would be an
> improvement anyway.
>
> I don't see how the reminder would stop you from breaking thngs.
>
> Another option -and I don't say I'm for it- would be to add Davide's
> library to the distribution, but I'm sure hat's pretty out of focus, so
> just pretend I never thought about it :)

Pau,

I'm sorry for asking silly question, but before going into deep-details
with hard links hacking, have you done any performance test? i.e. as an
Arch user I'm quite worried with this direction of development...
IIRC single:

unset LD_PRELOAD
$EDITOR <file>

is able to corrupt my revision library w/o any way to recover from
corruption.

Thanks for understanding -- MICO project uses Arch for more than one year
now, :-)

Karel
--
Karel Gardas                  address@hidden