[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Design proposal to kill pristine trees

From: Tom Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Design proposal to kill pristine trees
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:39:31 -0700 (PDT)

Just as a starting point, since linuxnow is offering to hack this up
soon, I think the following changes are a good starting point:

1) my-revision-library replaced by a path

   A fixed path for revision libraries is fine.   It should
   _not_ have a mechanism for invoking a script to compute the path.
   Miles' requirements can be satisfied in cleaner ways.

   This will impact commands such as `library-add' (to which library
   should tla add?) and `library-revisions'.

2) arch_find_or_make_local_copy

   This should call a hook before invoking arch_find_local_copy.
   The hook has the opportunity to add the revision to a revlib
   or as a pristine tree to a project tree.