Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Auto-generated source files

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Auto-generated source files
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:09:33 +0200

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 09:43:00 +0200, Thomas Zander wrote:
> Question;
>
> In my (java) tool I generate source files from graphics-designer-files.
> These go in the same dir as other source files, and into the normal build
> process.
> The result is that I get warnings at commit from tla about source files that
> don't have a tag, or about them not been added (dependant on
> tagging-method).

Have you played with the untagged-source directive in =tagging-method?
It should help. Do something like:

untagged-source backup

It will, however, make you more vulnerable to forgetting to add files.

> Is there any way I can mark a couple of files as junk files, without editing
> the regular expressions in the =tagging-method file?
> Or, as an alternative, can you provide better regular expression ideas that
> the following will mark files as junk instead?

Little shell scripting perhaps ;-). I mean, don't write the regexps;
generate them.

> The source file is
>     bla.ui
> the autogenerated file is
>     bla.java
> Hence; with the presence of a .ui, the .java should be ignored. (and only
> then)

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>