Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Nit

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Nit
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 21:55:14 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Colin Walters <address@hidden>

    > Here's a good one, from Message-Id: <address@hidden>

    > [...]
    > But it's not
    > an argument for embedding a language inside tla.

As far as I am aware, nobody is arguing to do so.

    > You could do all of the above just as easily with a language
    > binding to libarch, and then use your favorite programming
    > language on top.

You can equally well, better even (which is my point) layer your
favorite programming langauge on top of the tla program rather than
the libarch api.

I've previously mentioned may reasons why it is better to layer on tla
rather than libarch -- is it really necessary to repeat them?

    > In other words, we should aim for maximum flexibility, let various
    > languages and frameworks compete on their own merits,

Which has nothing at all to do with binding at the libarch vs. tla
level.