Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Nit

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Nit
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 21:22:13 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Colin Walters <address@hidden>

    > > So what?   Multiple threads and asychronous I/O are old hat -- the
    > > combination of those two solves that problem for the "everthing in one
    > > process" model.   Of course, if we start adding library foo to make
    > > multiple threads act like multiple processes then, pretty soon, we'll
    > > have reimplemented multiple processes - poorly.

    > Yes, so...you have just answered your own question.  Why again do you
    > need me here wasting my time writing this email?

You said that one reason to use multiple processes was to avoid I/O
blocking. I pointed out that that isn't a good reason, in and of
itself, and now you seemingly agree that that isn't a good reason --
but then you go on to question why I mention it.  I'm a little lost as
to your point.  You agree that my pointing out my flaw in your
argument is correct, but then you wonder why I pointed out a flaw in
your argument.   So, I'm confused.