[Gnu-arch-users] Nit

From: Mark A. Flacy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Nit
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 17:22:37 -0500

>>>>> "Colin" == Colin Walters <address@hidden> writes:
Colin>
Colin> Different languages are good at different things.  For example, if
Colin> you wanted to implement the above using GTK+, you really want to use
Colin> an object-oriented programming style.  Doing anything nontrivial
Colin> with a GUI in a procedural manner is just painful.  If we
Colin> artificially restrict the tla extension libraries to say Scheme
Colin> (which lacks OO features), then we've also restricted the classes of

Misinformation alert:  Scheme certainly can have OO features; Guile does.

http://www.gnu.org/software/goops/goops.html

If you're from a C++/Java/Python world, it's certainly different from what
you would be used to.

Colin> applications that people can easily build.

Which doesn't take much from the main point of "Different languages are
good at different things."

--
 Mark A. Flacy
 Any opinions expressed above are my own.  Any facts expressed above