[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Extension language

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Extension language
Date: 17 Oct 2003 13:35:39 +0900

Colin Walters <address@hidden> writes:
> > I can't say that it's what Tom means, but I'd rather like to be able to
> > have my script get reltables from tla as some sort of real table, for
> > instance, without all the parsing/blah-blah.
>
> I would have quite a bit of trouble thinking of a worthwhile programming
> language without tuples (which is what a reltable would map to).

I'm not sure what you're saying, but ... yeah.  My point was that they
become significantly more of a pain if you've got to pass them across a
pipe and parse them &c.  Many tla `conveniences' wouldn't be worth
supporting for an external scripting interface, but might be for a
well-embedded scripting language.

-Miles
--
We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
-Oscar Wilde