Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Nit

From: Alexander Deruwe
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Nit
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:37:28 +0200

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 09:58:34AM +0200, Thomas Zander wrote:
> I'm not attacking anyone here; Just don't say that tla is a very stable
> technlogy like I heard someone say a couple of days ago.
> After you learned to program using things like exceptions (that is; not
> trusting data to always take the perfect path), then you are qualified to
> say your tech can be regarderd as mature.  c programmers by default are
> not.
> Let me repeat; I'm not attacking anyone.

Allow me to 'pffft' at all of this...  I've been using tla (first larch)
in a production environment since appx March 2002.  In my opinion, it
has been mature for quite a while now.

I won't comment on your snide at C, it's quite irrelevant, as many
applications that would be considered mature today, are written in C
(such as the Linux kernel, and many GNU utilities).

Alexander