Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: support for per-directory categorization regexp

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: support for per-directory categorization regexps (#6059)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 07:24:45 -0400

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 10:19:08AM +0200, Robin Farine wrote:
> Yes, just in the directory it's in. For regexps that have to apply to
> whole subtrees, the best is still to add them to "=tagging-method".
>
> And if a combination of "=tagging-method" and ".arch-inventory" still
> does not suffice, then I think it is time to reconsider the naming
> conventions used in this project :)

I was thinking of something like say the emacs lisp subtree, but I currently
handle that fine with =tagging-method.  I guess the only time that would be a
problem is if there multiple subtrees that are big enough to make having many
.arch-inventory files a burden, and with mutally inconsistent naming schemes.

Wait and see I suppose...

-Miles
--
"Though they may have different meanings, the cries of 'Yeeeee-haw!' and
 'Allahu akbar!' are, in spirit, not actually all that different."