[Gnu-arch-users] contrib directory? (Was: Re: anonymous id)

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] contrib directory? (Was: Re: anonymous id)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:37:56 +0100

Hello,

Perhaps, there should be central place to put useful things like the
following...

Actualy, I think of the wiki. Anybody can log in there and add
a reference there (and remove obsoleted ones).

Then there would be a tool that would download all such references
(either just downloading a script or geting from arch) and make an
archive. That archive could be uploaded on savannah.

Opinions?

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 12:02:51 +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> I have no sympathy for preventable self-inflicted injury.  What's so
> hard about this?
>
>     #!/bin/sh
>     export RSYNC_RSH=/usr/bin/ssh
>     if test "$1" = "-h"; then echo "usage: $0 address@hidden"; exit 0; fi
>     if test -n "$1";     then rsync -r $1:~/.arch-params ~/; fi
>     cd ~/.arch-params
>     for $i in *; do
>       if test -r $i; then
>         # =locations is often pretty big
>         if test "$i" = "=locations"; then
>           echo "* Browsed contents of =locations with 'tla archives | less'."
>           tla archives | less
>         else
>           echo "* Contents of $i:"
>           cat $i
>         fi
>       else
>         echo "No readable $i found; maybe you want to create one?"
>       fi
>     done
>     # add any other standard stuff that could be in arch-params
>     for i in =id =default-archive =locations =revision-library; do
>       if ! test -r $i; then
>         echo "No readable $i found; maybe you want to chmod/create it?"
>       fi
>     done

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>