Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: not everyone likes implicit shortcuts

From: Sean Case
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: not everyone likes implicit shortcuts
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:00:47 +1100

At 20:47 +0100 9/11/2003, address@hidden wrote:

> Right now some people are showing the old linux problem too much; the
> "this is an elite tool; if you don't understand it, go away".  That is
> probably not what anyone here wants...

More like "if you keep thinking of this screwdriver as being a hammer,
you will hurt yourself."

I thought at first that the idea was to make it easier to handle simple
cases, and that's what I was trying to address.  But now we seem to be
talking about ways to avoid mentioning that branches exist, lest we
frighten new users.  I don't think that's a good way to proceed.

Sean Case