[Gnu-arch-users] Arch On Cygwin(Win32)

From: Naushit Sakarvadia
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch On Cygwin(Win32)
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:09:19 -0600

Hi,

I successfully compiled Arch on  Cygwin(WinXP) system.
Found small  problem during building it.

File src/hackerlab/os/Makefile.in should be changed

Line 12.
was  $(CC) -o ,es -g ,es.c

it should be..
 $(CC) -o ,es -g ,es.c -o ,es

This will solve problem on Win32 platform.

Well, So I could compile tla.exe successfully.
But it is still broken when I executed "make test"
in dir
***************Output from build
$ pwd
/cygdrive/c/tla-1.1pre8/src/build/hackerlab/tests/unidata-tests

$ make test
echo  | sed -f /cygdrive/c/tla-1.1pre8/src/build-tools/Makefiles/column.sed
> Ob
jects
set -e ; \
for s in
/cygdrive/c/tla-1.1pre8/src/hackerlab/tests/unidata-tests/unit-unidata.
sh ; do \
  sh $s; \
done
================ unit-unidata test ================
pruning unidata.txt
printing hackerlab db
comparing results
,tmp ,tmp2 differ: char 20, line 1
make: *** [tests-timestamp] Error 1

If someone can point out problem , It will save me lot of time .

How critical is this failure??

Thanks
Naushit.