Re: [Gnu-arch-users] configs - extracting from arch

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] configs - extracting from arch
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:56:40 +1100

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 08:53, Robin Farine wrote:

>     > So what options for those folk that want this mix n match approach?
>     > Well, I can think of two easy ones.
>     > 1) do tla init-tree --nested in the CVS sub tree's root after checkout.
>     > Add {arch} to the .cvsignore file.
>
> This sounds reasonable. Maybe config-manager could even just create an
> empty {arch} directory at the root of a CVS tree nested in an Arch
> controlled project tree and add an entry to the .cvsignore file?

address@hidden/config-manager--devo--0.1--patch-27
generates the {arch} directory and a crafted \=tagging-method that will
return no source than the hardcoded {arch} dir itself, no errors.

Generating the .cvsignore entry requires a little more thought on
appropriate cm logic, so I've ignored it for now.

>     > Now, if someone is doing the arch metadata in CVS syncronisation
>     > approach, this doesn't work (obviously), but if they are doing that,
>     > then this *isn't needed* as they should just grab the arch tree.
>
> Yes, and here again, config-manager could emit a warning when one
> attempts to do it the silly way.

Also done, I think.

Rob