[Gnu-arch-users] how important is declaring 1.1?

From: Tom Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] how important is declaring 1.1?
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:34:00 -0800 (PST)

I'm planning on making a release after finishing up the merge
with the integration branch.

It would be a slight change of plans, but one option is to
call that release "1.1".

I think that the command-name and option changes have quieted pretty
far down from a few weeks ago -- that was the big issue for 1.1.
The divergence from the original 1.1 plan is that a few more might
still follow it.

One of the main reasons to maybe make the 1.1 release now is the
debian release process.  There have been a number of incidental
comments on #irc that naming a release 1.1 will cause it to show up in
debian-stable sooner, which apparently there is some demand for.

Any objections?  Factual corrections about the debian process?