[Gnu-arch-users] mailing list archives - broken

From: Robert Collins
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 07:53:43 +1100

I've just been inspired [on irc] to complain about something I noticed a
few days ago.

The list archives munge email addresses in the body of messages.

This has two, serious, ramifications.

1) gpg signed messages cannot be validated from the web page (normally
they would be able to be).
2) archive locations, which folk use to find tla resources, are all
transformed into <localpart>@bogus.example.com.

IMO this is an appallingly bad tradeoff between 'less spam' and
usability. Any spam engine that wants our addresses just has to
subscribed to the list and wait.

.. Can we get this disabled?

Rob