[Gnu-arch-users] Re: File list format consistency

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File list format consistency
Date: 03 Dec 2003 10:12:13 +0900

Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:
> The rationale is that tree-lint and show-changeset are, for the most
> part, "report generation" commands -- explicitly designed to prefer
> more human-readable over more program-readable output where there is
> that choice to be made.

I think this is a reasonable state of affairs, but personally I find
that the `terse' changeset output used by e.g. `tla changes' is in fact
_more_ readable than the `human readable' output used by show-changeset
(partially because the terse output is very familar, and partially
because I often find a single list of name/type pairs to be rather
easier to grok than multiple lists-of-things-of-each-type).

[because of the use of single/double-letter symbols for types, this is
probably only true for a regular arch user, but I assume that's who
would usually use show-changeset anyway]

-Miles
--
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra.  Suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night the ice weasels come.  --Nietzsche