[Gnu-arch-users] two questions

From: Joshua Haberman
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] two questions
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 20:52:43 -0800

1. is there any reason that an archive should not be moved from one
machine to another by tar/gz, modulo obsoleting people's archive
registrations?  Might changes to the archive format in the future make
this operation problematic?

2. will it ever be supported to change the tagging method for an
already-tagged file?  I want to take some files I tagged with tagline
and give them explicit tags without Arch thinking that I deleted the old
files and added new ones.

Josh