Re: [Gnu-arch-users] crypto signing take 2

From: Karel Gardas
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] crypto signing take 2
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 22:39:44 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Tom Lord wrote:

>     > From: Karel Gardas <address@hidden>
>
>     > First of all, do you intend to have it also supporting other
>     > techs like x509/smime or not?
>
> Where can I read about it and why do you think it is important?

www.openssl.org, download, compile, install, and run "openssl smime help"
-- you will also need to generate your key and certificate and also your
own certificate authority for the experiments. (in troubles I can send you
key/cert/ca which we are using in MICO)

In fact I do not care about x509 support a lot now, I just think that it
would be sad to design tla support for crypto signatures non-extensible
and for better testing extensibility, it's great to use two different
technologies :-)

Cheers,

Karel
--