Re: [Gnu-arch-users] 1.1 feature freeze

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] 1.1 feature freeze
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 21:52:39 -0500

Tom Lord wrote:

There seems to be a rough consensus among an unofficial cabal of
interesting people who'e expressed an opinion that the current state
of tla--devo--1.1 should become release the tla1.1 release.

I agree with that.

I'm going to make a pass over the tutorial for recent features.

In the meanwhile, let me know if there's anything fatal in the
tla--devo--1.1 head.

Tentatively, the plan for tla--devo--1.2 is:

        a) archive signing
       b) convenience features
       c) misc. minor improvements and bugfixes

GNU arch home page:
http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gnu-arch/
I'm not aware of anything fatal, but referring to non-existent archives produces some scary-looking errors in 1.1pre8:

If archive foo does not exist:

address@hidden archeg]$ tla get foo
unable to open directory "/mnt/extra/abentley/archives/development/foo/foo" (No such file or directory
PANIC: I/O error

If patch-2 does not exist:
address@hidden archeg]$ tla get engine--release7-6--3.0--patch-2
corrupt archive
 name: address@hidden
 location: /mnt/extra/abentley/archives/development
 revision: engine--release7-6--3.0--patch-2

It would probably take me more time to find the correct file than it would take you to fix them.

Aaron